Howard County Public Schools, Maryland
This strategic planning engagement with a large school district focused on developing a vision, goal statements and comprehensive multi-year plan for the development and expansion of district online and blended learning programs. Primary project deliverables included:
- Assessment of existing district blended and online programs, identifying target student groups in each.
- Investigating emerging and successful blended and online learning models from districts similar to Howard County.
- Planning and facilitating leadership meetings to define the educational goals and benefits of blended and online programs.
- Closely coordinating the plans for blended and online learning programs with the goals and objectives of the superintendent’s strategic plan and other systemic initiatives.
- Creating a draft implementation plan outlining tasks, sub-tasks and focus questions for each of the four academic year in the program timeline.